Tuesday 11 August 2015

TRIBALISM IS THE FUEL TO CORRUPTION IN NIGERIA

                     
        
                        
                   
                               TRIBALISM IS THE FUEL TO   CORRUPTION IN NIGERIA
     
                 Recently, there has been a positive fuse.A fuse that has brought smiles to the faces of people including mine.The fuse became lighted when the  Cross River State Government , officially announced that the Cross River State Garment Factory Corporation requested for applications from individuals particularly women ( Widows have added advantage )
              The basic requirements were :-
  • Interested persons should possess basic tailoring skills
  • Acquisition of SSCE or its equivalent would be an added advantage

The Application instruction was that  interested persons should addressed their applications to the :-
 SSG,
Governors office,
Calabar ,
Cross River State .
             
                         I  saw the advert and i apply,i knew deep down maybe this was the break i wanted .This was something i could hold onto.I've never been to the Governors office for anything important so i was pretty nervous.I entered the office,the guy in front of me didn't have an SSCE but his application was collected by the screening officer (SO)I wondered if the criteria had changed but it didn't bother me. It was my turn ,I submitted my brown A4 envelope so its contents could be accessed and screened .The Guy looked through my application,SSCE results and  nodded his head.
                            Normally,in any application i filled, I'll attached my letter of origin or Identification of origin or country and my birth certificate.So i added a photocopy of these things .The screening officer looked ,closed my application and gave it back to me.I  asked why because i wasn't so sure.I thought probably it was my age. Am 18+ ,i didn't really know what to think, whether am too old or too young for the job. The SO said he cant accept my application because am not an indigene of Cross River State .It sounded like ... to my ears . He made it worst when he asked if i don't have a village and if i did ,i should go back there.He said it like he or his generation would never work in another mans land.
                              He asked if i ever went to school ,i would have notice . All I remember is there's what the university system calls catchment areas and indigenes of that area are considered .I'm an Akwabomite.I have lived in Cross River all my Life.I can Count the times i visit Akwa Ibom but i have stayed in cross river all my life, i was born there went through kindergarten , nursery , primary, secondary ,university in Cross River.I pay my taxes to Cross River .All i do Cross River, my Holidays ,Cross River, My ... ,Cross River.My parents assets are in Cross River,  they pay taxes to the Cross  River State Government and now  i am not allowed a job because im not an " INDIGENE " by naturalization. So people who help and are the real builders of the land are not allowed  to Nigerian National Flag - Image Pageenjoy the land.
                               It's strange ! Akwa Ibom is the closest state to Cross River and i can't get a job in Cross River.In my own country .Most people forge certificates,tell lies because they are in such a situation .most people get heart broken and pass the aggression down to others even the unborn community .So the "indigence " story never stops.Just because this person isn't from your tribe ,you make sure you frustrate him because once upon a time , his people frustrated you.My bestie is from Cross River ,i can't hate her because of our  ethnic differences .
                            A times , people  deserved most things but  cause he doesn't share the same tribe with whoever has the key to the opportunity or position, the opportunity or position is given to someone else. We stand like hypocrites crying out on South Africa for Xenophobia but yet we treat our very own as dogs with lice.If a catchment area can't unite,how would a sector  and how would a nation unite.
                            Fine! It wasn't for non indigenes but the adverts and calls the Cross River State Government sent out would have specified and made it basic and known to the public .My tears are precious ,i wouldn't have bothered stressing myself to be disappointed ,insulted and heart -broken.
                            I can't live in Cross River State for 20 years , be a part of the development of Cross River State ,pay my taxes and revenues and still be denied or deprived of the honey or eat sand.I cannot come and go and kill myself.
                              Tribalism breeds War,It breeds Contempt .Tribalism is the fuel to Corruption . Support the movement , #StopTribalismIn9JA and share your stories. Lets Stop tribalism ,its killing us. :) :-*
                        

1 comment:

  1. Love this new theme, what happened you stop posting - awomkenneth.com

    ReplyDelete